a changed reservation

a changed reservation

Hello Air bnb community.  I had a request for a date in may..not a problem.  Then the guest asked for another date because the guest wanted two nights.  Not a problem either.  But somehow either we as hosts or she as a guest pushes a wrong botton so suddenly the guest has two requests, the 9th of may, and another 14-16 of may.  I end up , as it seems to cancel the earlire request.  What does Air bnb do?  They close the 9th...because I cancelled the request!!  I have never done that before, and it is not a cancellation...just a change.   The problem is, that I do hate not beeing able to make a contact to airbnb...somebody that can fix this.  This is the only thing that I do not like here...that you can only communicate to a computer..to people.  Any hints how to fix this?

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Anna-And-Óli0  There is a guide to contacting Air BNB on this site with alternative ways to contact.  Doubt you will be able to get the cancellation penalties reversed based on being uneducated about this platform, but it is worth your effort to try.  Good luck!!

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

That's why it's important to be aware of the penalties for cancelling a reservation.

Here is a guide to Contacting Airbnb.

Kristin70
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hi,

My guest wants to change her reservation arrival date. I (the host) sent her a change of reservation for the date she requested and she accdepted. However, this is not reflected in my calender. What do I do?

Kristin Zissis