What's it take to get noticed by Airbnb & its magazine?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

What's it take to get noticed by Airbnb & its magazine?

I'm finally getting airbnb magazine for free each month! It's a great publication. This month they chose 8 tinyhouses to feature. I loved the stories but was bummed to be left out. 

In 3/2017 I started airbnb'ing with a tinyhouse made from an 8x20 foot shipping container. Literally, steps from the tinyhouse door is a private arcade with 40+ games all on freeplay. The arcade turns on and off with a simple Alexa command (Alexa, turn on the arcade!) so guests can easily use it 24/7... anytime they want. 

Since 3/2017, I have had almost 300 five star reviews, hosted 800+/-people from 6 countries and been a superhost 7 quarters in a row. Esentially, since I've been Airbnb'ing. 

I have introduced many, many people (who have NEVER used airbnb) to the service. Our place is so unique and fun that people are willing to overcome their fears of "sharing" someones home and just book our place! I have so many reviews that say... "this was our 1st time using airbnb! We loved it and will be back!"

I hate to brag but I feel that our airbnb is the epitomy of "UNIQUE AIRBNB" and we are one of the reasons that hordes of people are now seeking our airbnb's instead of staying at boring hotels and motels. I've had guests tell me they wrote to airbnb and raved about our place. I've written to airbnb magazine hoping to get featured but got no response. I've tagged 100+ pictures on instagram & Facebook with various airbnb tags. Nothing.... not even a hello. 

We have grown our average nightly rate to $146 with a market median of $72. 

Our average occupancy rate is 54% with a market average of 15%. Last year we were at 52%.

Our facebook page "reached" 2000 people and had 350 "engagements" this week. 

I want to be nearer to 90-100% occupancy and if I can get airbnb to recognize us, that could happen. 

WHAT DOES  IT TAKE TO GET AIRBNB TO NOTICE OUR PROPERTY?   www.oasisarcadeairbnb.com  #oasisarcadeairbnb 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Try then on social media @Donald28 

@Helen3 wrote:

Try then on social media @Donald28 

What do you suggest? I've tried facebook, instagram, twitter, here on airbnb forums and even emailing directly.