LOS ANGELES HOSTS - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Thomas746
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

LOS ANGELES HOSTS - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Below is a letter I received I feel everyone in Los Angeles who is hosting should be aware of AND ATTEND!  I know I will.  Please read.  

Hello,

As we head into the weekend, we want to give you a rundown of what’s happening next week. A crucial PLUM meeting is set to take place next Tuesday, March 26. Bring your friends and family - We must come out in full force and ensure our cause is validated and intensified through actions – an easy first step to be involved is by simply making an appearance at every City Hall meeting.

As you may know, the primary-only short-term rental ordinance was passed last December and will take effect on July 1st. If a secondary ordinance for vacation home rentals does not pass, this results in a complete ban of vacation home rentals. The City of Los Angeles has drafted a vacation rental ordinance which cites various regulations and licensing requirements. However, the language is not yet finalized and our time is limited. In the following months, the language will be shifted between PLUM, the Planning Committee, and lastly, the Councilmembers.

Please take a minute TODAY to contact PLUM Committee Chair Harris-Dawson and ask him to support a policy that allows secondary, whole-home rentals. 

If you’ve already emailed the PLUM Chair, use our tools to speak with his office by phone. If you’ve already called, take a minute to send an email.

We must protect our rights as vacation homeowners, show up to every City Hall meeting, and continue to speak with Councilmembers to pave the vacation home rental ordinance to be fair and just.

Event: PLUM Council Meeting

Date: Tuesday, 3/26/2019

Time: 2:00 pm (Speaking roles are very limited and are first come, first served. If we don't show up early, we will lose the opportunity to speak.)

200 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

We need you to attend and testify, please RSVP via email to info@lavhra.org. Let’s stand together for our last and most important opportunity to fight the ban on traditional vacation home rentals.

Thank you!

HomeAway Government Relations

Connect With LAVHRA:

Facebook

Instagram

Communications pertaining to local regulations and survey requests are sent by HomeAway in an effort to assist homeowners, property managers, and short-term rental communities to better understand and participate in regulatory processes.  If you have questions, please email governmentrelations@homeaway.com. For more resources on how regulations can impact the industry and for tips on how to get involved in your local short term rental community visit our resource  page . HomeAway encourages all managers and owners to become knowledgeable and comply with the regulations governing short-term rentals in their individual municipalities and states.

0 Replies 0