We usually reject overtures form "Influencers". Whats your experience?

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

We usually reject overtures form "Influencers". Whats your experience?

These guys didn't do the usual "I'm an influencer give me free accommodation" approach. They turned up and were lovely then posted this to their channel 

No idea what they are saying but it seems posative.

https://youtu.be/W-CtcRdYGmU

41,000 views to date. 

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@David-and-Fiona0

I would be very happy - it's like a good guest recommending your place to friends (assuming all is well with what they say!)

They didn't ask for a freebie, they were lovely people, they are giving you great advertising - I  don't see any issue here unless you don't want the advertising - in which case you could ask them to take it down, but thank them for sharing your property. Seems like they are travel bloggers....I guess you could say they should have asked first but...

@Gerry-And-Rashid0  I’m more than happy with the exposure and the fact they didn’t ask for freebies was a bonus. We have been asked to do a lingerie shoot (the house not me) which I’m still discussing with my wife 😆

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What an amazing video of your home @David-and-Fiona0.

It's funny, because when I was watching the video I remembered the photos you once shared of your amazing view on the CC and the little pieces of art you have on your wall – it made me feel like I'd been there! 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.