Verification Pending

Verification Pending

Hello,

Sorry to bother you in the evening ... but I have a bit of delema and not sure what to do.

I have a verification pending in my calendar (May 24th - May 30th.

I don't seem or can't find in my inbox a reference to guests for those dates.

Now I have another couple enquring but I can't pre approve them because of this verification.

I have been searching through all my inbox and I can't seem to figure it out.

Can you please give me some guidence or advice as to what this is.

As I do want to get back to these guests asap

Kindly Jen

11 Replies 11
Nissa0
Level 1
Portland, OR

I just discovered this as well, and was wondering the same thing. 

Same here, two days ago I had a booking request and the guest couldn't book because at the same time I had somebody else's verification pending, somebody's who I didn't notice at all, there was no request from him nor he managed to book in the end. 

It seems to me it happens a lot lately, a lot of host had the same problem.

Cyrus0
Level 2
Mandaue City, Philippines

I got the same issue, my May 4-6 got Verification Pending in my calendar same here I also cannot find in my inbox a reference to guests for those dates.

Chris101
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I have the same problem... I want to block  a particular weekend off my calendar and it won't let me do anything because of the "Verification Pending".  Any and all help is much appreciated.

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

So bloody angry about this pending business which seems to be new.. Had it happen for the first time 3 days ago.. You can tap on the pending bit on the right and it came up with the person who paperwork was pending. Strangely she had already used airbnb once two years ago. I assume she needed aurothization.  Someone else was trying to book those exact same dates, a first time user. He told me he was very unimpressed with Airbnb..First they accepted his booking, took his money then said room not available and refunded his money!!.. All this happened without me speaking to either party!!!.. He still really wanted my rooms and we tried. The pending block came off the next day (it suggests 12hrs) but he said his original payment was not back in his account and he didnt feel confident to book.. I now have someone booked and here for those dates!!!  saga!

Now let me tell you what really galls me!.... When i was a guest and tried to verify, it took me a few days of doing it over and over again!.. There was no button to finalize the details you put in and therefore you do not know if it has gone through.. I could not book and the host was not helpful!. I usually would not bother and walk away from that company but the room and price and area where exactly what i wanted and couldnt match so i persevered.  

I have just now got the same problem again, someone just messaged me, said he has done everything asked and still wont let the booking go through.. on my side it says pending verification yet again!!!.. I am so annoyed!..This should not happen and block other people!!!.. let alone so many people keep telling me as my  guest who left today that verification is a nightmare!.. 

SORT IT OUT AIRBNB, YOU ARE LOSING GUESTS FOR US AND PROFIT FOR YOU TOO!..

Hope you get it sorted, you cant message the pending person anyway as no details other than their profile.. no contact details.. Just tell the person who is waiting that you will get back to them when the 12hrs has elapsed to let them book or tell them the listing is taken by someone else.. That is what i have just done to this chap.. So annoying!..

Im going to hunt for contact details yet again to talk to airbnb, not that they reply anymore as they used to!!..

Good luck.

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

oops ok this thread is very old!   anyone new looking at it you can press the verification pending on the calender and then view profile in red on the right hand box when it comes up.

Christos5
Level 2
Volos, Greece

Me too. Again, Airbnb need to fix alot of things with their site. Please fix this, since this inquiry is in 3 days and need to approve the other couple who all ready done an inquiry.

Gabriela-E-Gustavo0
Level 1
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi,

I m quite new at the site

After I chose a Payout Preference -bank account, got an e-mail saying that my Payout Method is in the READY status

However the site still says that it is Verfication Pending.

Should I take the e-mail as the latest updat and discard message in the site?

Tina73
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

I have a frustrating situation. A guest made a reservation for today and contacted me directly to know the address. I didn't receive any messages from Air BNB stating that I had a reservation pending veriication. I had a strict pre approval policy, so changed that (as per Air BNB instructions online) yet this didnt approve guest.  And now the guest is on their way to my villa! i can't get through to Air bnb chat. Instead it sent an email to airbnb. I am not sure what to do!!! Help

Tina73
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

I have a frustrating situation. A guest made a reservation for today and contacted me directly to know the address. I didn't receive any messages from Air BNB stating that I had a reservation pending veriication. I had a strict pre approval policy, so changed that (as per Air BNB instructions online) yet this didnt approve guest.  And now the guest is on their way to my villa! i can't get through to Air bnb chat. Instead it sent an email to airbnb. I am not sure what to do!!! does Air BNB have a phone or helpline? the chat is not working for some reason. Any help greatly appreciated 🙂

Callum4
Level 2
Southampton, United Kingdom

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Stop-blocking-our-calendar-with-verification-pending/idc-...

Hi unfortunately this has happened to me as well. My calendar was blocked for at least 12 hours unfortuunatly mine was blocked for the same day so no bookings. I think this is a silly policy and have put in a request to stop it if anyone would like to add