Tax

I-Nengah0
Level 1
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia

Tax

Hello everyone , this will be my first year paying taxes as an airbnb host . I live in Bali Indonesia and I have been renting my owner apartment on airbnb for at least 3 months.
Can someone advice me what it is that I should do in order to be legal when I file my taxes.?
Guru
6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@I-Nengah0 Are you talking about Occupancy Taxes or state imposed Bed taxes?  Assuming that is the case, here are some helpful links about that: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/654/what-is-occupancy-tax--do-i-need-to-collect-or-pay-it

If that doesn't answer your question, you may need to contact your local government agency to find out exactly what you need to do. 

I-Nengah0
Level 1

Dear Clare,

Thank you for your help but I still need help. the air bnb send me the nosification like above. if thats mean for room tax it will be no problem at all for us since we already paid to the local goverment. 

the question is do we have to pay some tax to airbnb?/

thank you for all your help

this is what got on my email.

As a valued member of our host community, we’d like to remind you of where to find important information that you may need to file your tax returns this year.

To see a summary of your earnings at any time, visit the Transaction History section of your account, and click Gross Earnings.

If you have questions about which local taxes apply to you, we recommend contacting a tax advisor in your area. You may also want to contact your local tax authorities. Want to learn more? 

Sincerely Guru

@I-Nengah0 No, you don't have to pay any tax to Airbnb.  Sorry I misunderstood your question! 

I-Nengah0
Level 1

Dear Clare,

thank you for your help, could you tell me more what's that mean that airbnb sent it to my email?

is that mean about local tax(room tax that i need to pay here in Bali)?? or i need more details if you could help me.

thank you 

Guru

@I-Nengah0 I can't tell you what the tax laws are in Bali.  You'll need to check with your local / state government on that.  In the event that you need to pay any kind of taxes in Bali, Airbnb is just giving you information on what you earned so that you can report your income according to Balinese laws.  Airbnb provides this information to all hosts worldwide so that they can comply with applicable laws in their country.  

Does this answer your question? If not ask again!

I-Nengah0
Level 1

@Clare0

Thank you for all your help, if that's mean airbnb just would like to tell all the host about their local tax I think will be no problem at all since all the local tax here in Bali we already paid.

once again thank you so much for taking time to help me

Best Regards

guru