Superhost

David-and-Amanda1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Superhost

I want to be a Superhost. I meet all the criteria except the number of visits per year, which is 10. I had 10 in calendar year 2017 and I have 11 bookings for calendar year 2018, so far.... but... for the year 1 Jul to 30 Jun, which seems to be Airbnb period in use, I am only at 7.

Is there any way to get considered manually? I get lovely reviews, no cancellations, and lots of nights.....just not enough different folk in  the poeriod they choose to assess!

VERY FRUSTRATING, as I dont want too many bookings, I favour longer stays and so may never get there!

Anyone with any helpful thoughts please?

Thanks

David

5 Replies 5

@David-and-Amanda1

"Is there any way to get considered manually?" 

No...none....the criteria is the criteria...

Personally I wouldnt worry about it that much....many Superhosts find it all too much trouble anyway and you are only one "poor" review away from losing it again..even if the review is false/unfair..

Chill out...your good reviews will be a good enough recommendation and longer stays mean less cleaning and turnover of guest groups...you are onto a winner 

Martha-and-Dennis0
Level 6
Scottsdale, AZ

We too will probably be losing our Superhost status this April because most of the stays here in Arizona occur in the first few months of the year. Last years stays in Q1 will not count as of Apr. 1. We will have only 9 stays. I’m not really sure what Superhost gets you other than maybe higher search rank.
Oh well.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The criteria was changed a few months back to level the playing field for those who host longer term reservations. So it's now 10 stays OR 100 nights booked over at least 3 stays.

And hosts who've losttheir Superhost staus for one reason or another have posted on these forums that it didn't seem to affect their bookings. If you have lots of good reviews and your price is reasonable, I wouldn't worry about it.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

While I agree with previous responders who basically say not to worry about it, if you REALLY want to get the Superhost designation, there are things you can do to increase your number of bookings.

First and most obviously, make your place more appealing. How? Again, first and most obviously, drop the price (temporarily). Also, make sure that you can honestly check off as many amenities as possible. (Spend a few bucks if necessary, if you're serious about this.) Also, if you haven't had a professional photographer shoot your place, do that. (Well worth a couple hundred bucks if you plan to stay on AirBnB more than just a year.) For the bookings that you do already get, do everything you can to ensure 5-star ratings across the board -- make sure your place is squeaky clean, leave the arriving guests a couple of beers in the fridge and a couple of pieces of fruit on the table, contact them halfway through their stay to ask if if they want fresh towels (even if you've left 20 towels in the apartment), etc, etc. 

While being designated a Superhost isn't really necessary, it's actually almost TOO easy to get there, and it DOES help in multiple ways. (Higher search ranking, better guest perception whether deserved or not, and slightly improved support from AirBnB.)

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@David-and-Amanda1 are now superhosts, so they have accomplished their goals. If you look at their listing @Dede0 you will see that they really don't need to add anything. Absolutely gorgeous house and setting if you want to be in the middle of the countryside.