Smart Pricing- Weekday vs Weekend

Claire800
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

Smart Pricing- Weekday vs Weekend

Hi all,

I was wondering (hoping) if someone knew of a way that I can still use smart pricing, however set a different minimum amount for weekday stay, to weekend nights.

I live in a city with large events on pretty much every weekend through the summer (but sometimes dates dont get released until later), so would prepfer to set a higher minimum. However, the only way I have found to do this so far is to turn off smart pricing and overide the price. 

Any other ideas that anyone knows of??

Thanks,

Claire

10 Replies 10
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Claire800 

There is a facility to do this in Price Setting of your listing.

You already discovered 'Smart Pricing' under 'NIGHTLY PRICES'

Scroll down till you reach the heading: 'STANDARD FEES & CHARGES'

One of the criteria there is titled 'Weekend Pricing'.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

ps. However, I don't know if and how the 'Weekend Pricing' is affected by 'Smart Pricing'.

Reason is that I don't use 'Smart Pricing' or 'Price Tips'.

I do all my pricing manually.

Thanks Alon. I have found that, and assumed that would solve my problem a few months back. However when i go on my calendar view, the weekend prices do not show as being adjusted at the higher rate? I think you are right that, it doesnt link with smart pricing but I also cannot understand why.

Anyway, thank you again!

Claire

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Claire800 

Thanks for reply.

I wouldn't say I'm 'right' or wrong. Rather as mentioned I don't really know because I don't use the facility.

If no one else replies, I can otherwise suggest you contact Airbnb Customer Support. 

UK number: 0203 318 1111

I think they also have a chat facility, but I've never used it and can't readily find it. Perhaps you can.

Regards,

Alon

-----------

Ps. If you wish to tag the person you're replying, use @ sign as I've done with your name.

When you apply the @ sign a drop down menu appears with the profile of whoever contributes to the post. 

I assume you received Notification by email?

It should also show up in Notification [Bell icon, top right hand of screen]

Without the tag, the other person does not receive notification, so maybe less likely to revisit the post. 

Hi Claire! This is how it's supposed to work: Go onto your calendar, tap on the nights you want to adjust the price, input your adjusted price, and turn off "smart" pricing for those dates. The thing is, I did this and the prices are all the adjusted prices on my calendar but when you try to book...the prices are much lower. Very frustrating.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Claire800 

I am in the same position. I have not been able to utilize smart pricing or any other third party sites for the same reason. No one differentiates between weekdays and weekends. It would have been a great feature

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Inna22 

In addition to the Airbnb automated pricing system, I wonder if you are familiar with a website called Price Labs? I know some Hosts in the UK have used it in the past, perhaps still do. 

As mentione to Claire, I don't use any of the automated pricing systems. I also don't use Instant Book.

Perhaps sometimes there is no substitute for manual graft?

I constantly concertina prices up and down depending on level of inquiries I receive. 

There maybe one benefit to constantly toying with one's listings, as according to a number of hosts with techie backgrounds, daily fiddles have a positive effect in raising the listings in Airbnb search.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Alon1

as I mentioned, none of those third party sites have a weekend option. Wheelhouse has something but it is percentage based so not really helpful. I personally want to automate anything I can and anything that would put me higher in search, such as IB. And there is always something to be done with the listing manually which does help in search but should be in additional not instead of automation I think. Plus, I have never tried smart pricing so I cannot speak to its benefits or risks. However from my research others do report higher income, for third party sites at least

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Inna22 

I can fully appreciate why you want a well functioning price setting website. You run a very different enterprise to mine. You have quite a few properties listed, while I have just a few rooms in my home as a live-in-host.

The only further suggestion for putting you higher up in search is to do away with the cleaning fee. As a level 10 contributor you may well be aware that some Hosts experimented with this and found their listings shooting up in Search. However, in effect it means costing in cleaning fees into nightly prices which raises the base fees. But it seems to work for some. 

Best Wishes. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Abb thinks any night booked is better than none and they don’t recognize that weekends are more valuable than weekdays. If your market calls for weekend pricing then “smart” pricing will not work for you