Short notice anonymous booking requests

Short notice anonymous booking requests

For the last two evenings I have received booking requests at very short notice asking to stay that night.  Both requests were from Air BnB members with no information nor reviews other than stating they had been a member since xx.  So not much help really.  The first asked me to meet her at the property and promised she would arrange payment after I gave her an invoice, the second had dates wrong and did not respond to a message asking for further information.  Needles to say, I did not accept either booking and would not disclose the address nor agree to meet the lady who wanted to meet me.

After the first request I put it down as a one off but then thought a patern may be appearing after I received the second request the following day.  

Is there a mechanism whereby I can alert Air BnB to suspicious booking requests and seek further information to verify the member .  I do not wish to turn bookings down but am wary when a booking request looks fishy and the messages from the member do not stack up.

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Brenton0 you can flag the message and the person's profile

you can set availability seetings to 1 day in advance so you will not get any requests for the same day