Payment issues

Adib4
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Payment issues

Already one months since my guest checked out, Airbnb still haven't paid my money. Sent 3 email/help inquiry to airbnb but still no response. Is there any problem with them??

4 Replies 4
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Adib4

Emails are usually very slow in being answered.

Try calling, Twitter or FB:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

hi there....this is my first time and i dont know what i am doing...i have my first guests arriving on 5th august and i dont know how the payments work at all....my flat is £100 per night for 5 nights....i thought they paid us directly but i think ive got this wrong....do ALL guests pay in full to airbnb then they pay the host?  the guest has told me that airbnb have collected a much higher amount than the £500 - is this likely to be their charges of (what?)....15%  -ie -  £75 plus VAT - ?    thanks for any advice - i have never let my flat out before and i am getting a bit worried in case i get it all wrong!

So, @Adib4, guests pay AirBnB. The only time they would pay you is SOMETIMES in the US your community, town or county may have taxes you must collect upon arrival 'cos AirBnB may not.

The best thing is never, ever to discuss "What the guest paid" with the guest. Refer them to their receipt. If you go into your booking history you will see the reservation either active or cancelled. If not cancelled, you let the guest stay...period. (unless you hit a situation where you are "uncomfortable" with that guest.) AirBnB takes care of paying you via the terms and conditions of your contract with them when you signed up.

ps: Their charges are PROBABLY: 

1. Your flat rate (£100?)
  2. VAT
  3. up to 12% booking fee that AirBnB charges (and they keep)

Hope this helps.

Adib4
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thanks for your good advice but we don't have any problem with the guest. They have completed and paid airbnb prior to the stay. The payment seat in future transaction for already 1 month. But still no response from airbnb after i try to contact them via several channels.