PRICING BUG DOUBLES RATE - effects sales

Glenn-and-Gina0
Level 2
Tasmania, Australia

PRICING BUG DOUBLES RATE - effects sales

Pricing bug doubles actual rate in general search box.

Search for a say "https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/melbourne?checkin=12-06-2016&checkout=13-06-2016&ss_id=7r7tya7v&s_tag=Oc..." and mouse over the actual price - it is half the displayed price.

Visits to my rooms are way down.

I'm using Safari  6.2.3 and Crome 49.0.2623.112 at least.

7 Replies 7

Hi Glenn and Gina

I am seeing this problem too,  for me on multiple browsers and computers.  I reported it a couple of days ago, the first level support person was able to reproduce and sent me case/ticket to Airbnb but so far I've got a generic 'we are working on it' message.

I also had a prospective guest contact me with an enquiry saying that they were new to Airbnb and were confused about which was the actual price.

I'm thinking it must be some sort of browser issue and that maybe everyone is not seeing it as I agree it is a bit of a problem in terms of getting people to book on Airbnb as the prices don't look so good on the search results.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon.  Maybe you should log it too....

Thanks

Karen

I am also having this trouble.  We have only just listed a week ago and initially received several bookings but now the listed price is more than the actual price. The actual price only shows to me when you hover over the incorrect price. Can you tell me how you logged your problem with Airbnb? I understand there is a phone number to call but I'm not sure where to find this?  Any suggestions?

Hi Anne

I logged it by:

- Clicking on the HELP menu item on top right hand side of screen

- Selecting "Resolve Issue" on the left hand side menu of help page

- Scrolling all the way to bottom of the displayed page and clicking on "My question is about something else"

- And then following the prompts to submit a question

Good luck!

Karen

Anne135
Level 2
Rokewood, Australia

Hi - this is happening to me too.  Do you know where/who to contact in airbnb to report it?

Hi Anne

I logged it by:

- Clicking on the HELP menu item on top right hand side of screen

- Selecting "Resolve Issue" on the left hand side menu of help page

- Scrolling all the way to bottom of the displayed page and clicking on "My question is about something else"

- And then following the prompts to submit a question

Good luck!

Karen

Linda129
Level 2
Pensacola, FL

Hi, I'm new to ABnB; have only had two bookings, but when I initially listed, the "price settings" had defaulted to "smart pricing".  I "turned off" the smart pricing option and haven't had this issue since. 

Go to "your listing", click in "price settings" at the top, left of the page, you will see that option immediately.  Hope this solves your problem as it did mine.

Looks like the problem has been resolved