More Customization in the Booking Process

More Customization in the Booking Process

Hey everyone, I'm a new host in NYC (4th guest just checked in). 

Currently I have my listing set to Instant Book because I personally prefer it as a guest and I think it currently sets my listing apart from others in the neighborhood. However, I feel like more customization is needed in the parameters Airbnb gives you (as a host). 

Currently the most intensive vetting you can do is:

1) Gov ID provided

2) Host in good standing

I saw this video on YouTube and the guest Instant Booked and destroyed his place. I think if Airbnb would allow you to say "Only accept guests if they have greater than five 4 stars or above reviews + Gov ID. I just think it's currently a little vague and probably a little too loose. 

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Most of my Guests on IB would not qualify, very few have had 5 prior bookings.

I do have my listings set up that I need to approve it the request is within 3 days.

All the things he mentions have also been mentioned on here, he was given false information about the 3 free cancellations, used to be the case, no more.

Sounds like he is listing a property and not there, very high risk, and when this sort of thing happens there is very little protection.

David

Yeah, I'm currently renting out the common space in my NYC apartment (sleeper sofa). SO I'm not attracting the party crowd. So far just nice respectful couples. Just wish I could have a little more customization.

You can post in Host Voice, not sure any of the suggestions there have ever had a response.

David