Make an exception to your cancellation policy for a particular guest?

Eva170
Level 5
Hollywood, FL

Make an exception to your cancellation policy for a particular guest?

I have a strict cancellation policy but one potential guest I've been talking to needs a bit more flexibility and I would be happy to give it to them. How do I make an exception for one booking only without changing my policy? I don't see this option when I try to send them a special offer. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3
Ursula117
Level 3
Ottawa, Canada

You are always able to give the guest a refund, so just clearly set out the terms and conditions that you are offering them in a message and if they need to cancel, send them a refund. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Eva170,

it is not possibe to set it for just one booking. You can change the cancellation policy, and as soon this guest books the "new" cancellation policy applies.  Then change it back to the original. Or make custom agreements, as @Ursula117 mentioned, but be aware of the "Airbnb Guest service fees" and  "cleaning fee", which are also refunded by Airbnb if conditions for "cancel free within 48 hours" are met).

Best regards,

Emiel

Thanks! That's what I ended up doing. I changed the policy and messaged them and they booked right away. Then I just changed it back afterwards.