License registration with DBKL

Rita684
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

License registration with DBKL

Hi there,

Trying to adhere to DBKL's announcement/regulation to register STR properties with them through their e-license portal. But no clear instruction on how or which license to obtain. When I called the license department in DBKL - they seemed as clueless as I am. The officer advised to go to DBKL office, level 5, tower 2, and bring the forms and supporting documents (which form or what documents - no idea). She then did a quick check and advised there is no such license (short-term rental of a single unit) available yet. I could make my way to DBKL office and make the same inquiry, but if the license department is not aware of this regulation, then my effort will be in vain.

So I'm stuck. Anyone else facing the same problem?

16 Replies 16
Comfy1
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

no, i called DBKL 1 year after i registered with DBKL in 2019 after they asked all the airbnb operator to register with them, they said still under process, will notify us once they process. until now, they dont even respond to me after i register with them for so long. 

few days ago, i called them again. the person who picked up my call said there's no more application for airbnb short stay rental license. 

MoTAC required DBKL License in order to apply for MOTAC license, but DBKL never get back to me after i registered with them for so long. so at the end, i stucked there for 2-3 years.

Kam678
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi peeps, I know this post has been few years back. But I just read some info from MOTAC website saying like this...

Premis yang bersifat Short Term Residential Accommodation (STRA) adalah tidak layak untuk berdaftar di bawah MOTAC seperti tidak mempunyai lesen perniagaan premis yang dikeluarkan oleh Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan (PBT).

I'm very much confused now. Did anyone get any latest update on the so-called license stuff?