I don't want my address to show on my listing at the public search stage.

Joseph-and-Margaret0
Level 2
Marsaskala, Malta

I don't want my address to show on my listing at the public search stage.

"Your listing’s address will only be shown to guests with a confirmed reservation. In public search results, we only show an approximate location for your listing".  -  This is the reply I got in the FAQ when I asked if my address shows in my listing. Yet my full address together with the approximate location DOES show in my listing. I am confused. Am I being given the wrong information or I am missing something? Can anyone advise if I can have my address removed? I don't mind my address being given to confirmed reservations but not at public search stage.

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Joseph-and-Margaret0

Your full address is not shown to the public - only to people who make a booking.

Obviously you can see additional information when you are using the site. 

I have looked at your profile and nowehere can I see your full address or contact details.

This is the most detail I can see

1. Joseph & Margaret’s home is located in Hedera", Triq iż-Żafran,, Marsaskala, MALTA, Malta. Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.

Hi Gerry and Rashid. Many thanks for your response. That's exactly it. That is my full address. So it is showing. I don't want it to show at public search stage. Is there a way how I can solve this issue ? I have searched other listings in Malta and the full address is being given even before a booking is made.

I am also concerned about this seemingly new feature. I have contacted Airbnb and am waiting for a reply. It is unwanted and quite unsafe.