I charge an extra charge for pool heating, how can I add this?

Bryce6
Level 2
Mawheraiti, New Zealand

I charge an extra charge for pool heating, how can I add this?

Can this be added to a quote on Air BNB.  VRBO allows you to add any extras and name them whatever.  

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Once you have the reservation, you'll request the funds through the Resolution Center. 

https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Bryce6 as @Cynthia-and-Chris1 have said you can request it after the booking is made. However, make sure it is very clear in your description as to how  much it costs. I would also re-confirm this in the email exchange when the party is booking.

If I have the amount in the listing, how does it actually get added on to the total booking? I can't find any information in the resource center.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

It doesn't. You can't. You can only request funds after the fact. 

We have additional charges for energy in winter (heating, higher electricity consumption, and it's made clear in many places, including the "things guests must know before booking" section). We give the guest the choice of paying via Airbnb, PayPal, or cash on arrival. We produce and forward an official invoice (in the guest's native language) for any additional charges. 

So far, it's worked for us. 

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

You can add a "Management Fee" to your listing and add a % amount or a fixed amount per night to the reservation automatically. This would be the best way to go if you expect most of your guests to make use of the heated pool.