How often do you update your listing photos?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

How often do you update your listing photos?

3bcd038a-277d-41f1-8e32-561d8bacd75a.jpg

We have made a few improvements to our space over the past year-- new shower heads, painted bathroom vanity, a few new pieces of furniture and bedding, etc. We also just added a deck out back and are busy furnishing it for guests. Our original photos were (mostly) professionally done and we were thinking about doing an update photo shoot to capture changes, but of course there is cost involved. 

So how often is it necessary to update your photos? Do you do it when you have changes in things like color schemes or bedding, or only when there is something major that was updated or improved?

4 Replies 4
Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Laura2592  My photos are all done with my cell phone or tablet so no costs involved. So I update my photos every time I do a change that will be noticable to the guests. Tweekng your listing supposedly keeps you high on the algorithm. And I always want the guests to be able to say that my space is just like it was respresented on the site.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Laura2592 If you have professional pictures, particular the primary picture it is ok to add a few of your own so there is no cost. In my listings I use both. However I do have a professional photographer come back when I feel that enough major changes accumulated 

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Inna22,

I subscrive to your idea.

Most of our pictures are professional too, but I did add some of my own (taken with my phone).

Coming January we will be redecorating our bedrooms. And then it will be really necessary to have our pictures redone, professionally.

After a few years, I do see small differences everywhere on our professionally taken pictures.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Laura2592 

If you has changed something and has made improviments, from my point of view it is necessary to take new photos. Being the listing better than it used to be before, the new pics will help to get more bookings and make the listing more attractive to the guests.

As what other guests have said, you can updated only some pictures if you want to.

I think it is not necessary to have professional photos taken by a professional photographer.

If you love taking pictures, you can take your own pictures that looks like professional.

In the Airbnb articles and in the internet there are losts of post and articles about taking good pictures.