How do you speak to a customer service representative?

Liz13
Level 1
Jackson, MS

How do you speak to a customer service representative?

I have weekend pricing set up on my listing.  It is clearly checked and I have included the rate for weekend pricing.  However, I just realized that three of my bookings include weekend nights, but the weekend rate is NOT included.  Also, when you visit my listing, it only lists the week night rate, not the weekend rate.  How do you speak to a live person at AirBNB to get this resolved?  Frustrated and shortchanged!

9 Replies 9
Joe-Annis0
Level 1
Fernandina Beach, FL

I am having the same difficulty, even had a customer remove a 3 - day reservation... lost $375 as a result of her NOT getting my e-mails through Airbnb.  I have written now 3 times, and no one has responded.  I do see however that the 3 founders will be billionaires this year.... nice...  you would think with the overwhelming success, their customer service would be better.  I will look at another vendor..

Joe-Annis

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Good evening @Liz13 and @Joe-Annis0,

It is actually quite easy to get in touch with AIrbnb if you know how and email is NOT one of the ways.  I recommend Twitter first and calling second.  Check out this How To guide: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Also, the search functionality of this site works very good so if you are having other concerns, type your keywords above in the "Search the Community" box.

@Joe-Annis0 - I would highly recommend not posting personal information on here for your safety.  Hopefully @Lizzie can remove it for you soon.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Joe-Annis0,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with this. Just to clarify about your post, are you also having problems with your nightly rate as Liz mentioned or instead with your messages? Would you be able to provide a little more information please? 

As @Dave-and-Deb0 kindly mentioned, for safety reasons it is not advisable to include personal information on your post as it is publicaly visible, therefore I have removed your surname, telephone number and email address from the above. I hope this is fine with you. 

Hello @Liz13

This does sound a little strange, I have had a quick look at the public view of your listing and it does appear to be £108 per night, perhaps you could post a screenshot of your weekend rate set up (avoiding any personal information)? 

Thank you. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Janey0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I had a rate issue and eventually found a 'chat' facility

Help/Contact/ and then right at the bottom of the screen is a box to 'ask about something else'

I wrote my query an then I think that took me to a screen with a chat connection button, and I think it told me to wait while someone connected

Only problem then was I changed screens to do something else, and missed my connection - who then closed my enquiry because i was gone!

Sorry this is not actual step by step but i'm sure you can find it if i did

There was an ongoing problem for me though. After having rewritten my query, my second connection was able to explain what the system was doing with the rates that I had entered, but it did not reflect what the little side/popup help screens say in the pricing section so I had lost money. It sounds as if your problem may be similar

Now I have a potential 3 month booking that I will have to honour at less than I ever intended, and as my rates are not substantial anyway it does make a difference.  

Good luck

Can you please elaborate what the problem was and how you fixed the problem? I just received a booking request and price shown in the message (under Payment on left hand side column) is much less than the listing price. I am trying to chat. Thanks.

Hi @Mani-and-KP0,

Could it have anything to do with your 10% weekly discount and your 20% monthly discount you have set on your account?

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Tracey33
Level 1
Boone, NC

I need to suspend my listing to do repairs to the house.

Tessa24
Level 1
Stranraer, United Kingdom

I want to speak to an Air B&B advser, I need a contact telephone number Tessa [personal information hidden]

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tessa24,

Lovely to meet you. 

There is lots of information on how to contact the Support Team here in the Community Center. I would recommend taking a look at this Community Guide (created by a host here in the CC), which provides the different ways you can use to reach them. You can also use the search function and by typing 'contact' this will show you lots of threads about this. I would also say though if you question isn't urgent, you might like to explore here in the Community Center as there is lots of useful information or you could start a new topic.

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.