Do any hosts have refugee hosting experiences that they would like to share?

Do any hosts have refugee hosting experiences that they would like to share?

Would love to hear how this is working for hosts.

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Eric-and-Pam0

This is likely to be people outside the US, as they are the ones affected by the ban introduced by the US president.

I have registered to be available to house refugees through BNB, as I already do this through a local charity, but haven't had anything back from Airbnb as yet.

If you are interested in helping refugees in your community, I would suggest you contact a local refugee charity and they will let you know how you can help.

Hello Helen - 

Hosts are hosting in the US. I know this for a fact. This is more than about the ban - I would suggest that you read "Airbnb launches campaign to help 100,000 displaced people belong" in the Airbnb Citizen area by the founders of Airbnb. Their number one cause at this time is refugees. 

Best -

Pam

@Eric-and-Pam0@Helen3

It was discussed when the new policy was announced, I assumed everybody was emailed.

I know there was quite a conversation about the old policy, the new one is much more inclusive.

As far as I am aware none of those who were involved in discussing the old format signed up for the new one, if they did they have not mentioned it.

Obviously this is very different to prior promotions, AirBnB will subsidise the cost and this is a long term non specific area.

I assume you signed up, please let us know how it goes.

David