How do you approve someone if you have additional verification requirements?

Jane249
Level 1
Huntsville, AL

How do you approve someone if you have additional verification requirements?

Hi! I am a business not a home-owner (well, actually I represent a business!!!!  LOL!).  Guests first must pay a $55 application fee and a credit and criminal background check must be run on our company website.  So, what do I do on bnb?  What if I say the guest is pre-approved, but then they apply through our website and are turned down?  Am I still going to be charged by bnb?  Does anyone else pre-approve guest applicants with additional verification methods and further, has anyone turned someone down after performing your own pre-qualification of guests?  What happens?

Thanks for your help and any light you can shed on this.

Jane ***~A Quiet Cove Apartments & Corporate Suites 

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Jane249

There is a limited amount of fudging you can do, but basically AirBnB is a closed system, gives you a few options but you operate within their terms and conditions. It is not for everybody.

David
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If this is a mandatory part of the process for staying at your property then BNB is not for you. All you can do is setting your listing for verified ID which means BNB will take photo plus social media I.D.

To be honest I have  never heard of accommodation where you have to pay a business to run a credit and criminal check before you can stay there. And why are you charging people an 125 dollar admin fee for booking through BNB?

Does  charging a fee to people to verify their ID and do a criminal check and another for an 'admin fee' not put people off booking with you?