How can I see if previous hosts have recommended a guest?

Nicole260
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

How can I see if previous hosts have recommended a guest?

I know I can see the comments from previous hosts on a guest's profile but is there any way to find out if they've been recommended to other hosts? I have a guest who sent an inquiry and has some very picky requirements. She's been reviewed 8 times and I want to know if she's been recommended. Is there any way to find that out other than asking her to instant book (which one can only do if they've received a positive review).

Thanks,
Nicole

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If she's been reviewed 8 times, what do the reviews say?  If they are glowing, you should feel fine accepting her request.  If the reviews say she's unmanagable, needy, and/or better suited for a hotel, decline.

I understand that. Her reviews are fine but not necessarily glowing. While there isn't anything negative in them I know you can still not recommend a guest and leave out the negative aspects in the review. She does seem a bit needy in her request, which is what caused me concern. There is also only one comment about condition of the space afterwards, which gave me caution. Lastly, I have instant book on for people who have received positive reviews. Shouldn't she be able to instant book our place at this point if she has been recommended? That's the flag for me; that she doesn't seem to be able to instant book.

Thanks again!

Nicole

Yeah, I would assume if she wasn't able to Instant Book, someone probably gave her a thumbs down somewhere along the way.  Might be better off declining.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nicole260.....Avoid her like the plague Nicole. As I have said before, guests either want to book your space based on your availability and your description, or they want to haggle!

Each time you try to accommodate a guests demands you strengthen their ground and you weaken yours. To some it is a sort of power game. They are used to having their own way and they will give you nothing but problems, and in the end you will refund them to get them out of your life! I can't tell you how many hundreds of times we have seen this before.

After spending the best part of two years on this forum I can tell you with 100% certainty, guests with questions and demands do not get better as the hosting progresses.....they are not like a fine wine, they do not improve over time! 

Hit the decline button and when the option box appears asking for your reason just click 'other' and say you do not feel comfortable hosting this guest. 

Do not make a habit out of declining because Airbnb will penalise you if they feel you are declining too frequently, but in instances like this, which do not come along often, you do have the right to protect yourself from the professional haggler!

Cheers....Rob

Thanks 🙂

@Nicole260, in such cases, I check what reviews the guest left, even if I need to switch on the compute for it and do a lenghty search. 

If she finds fault with everyone, I decline. If there are comments like "the place was small" or in the other sense "I liked that the room was so big", I say in advance that my place is very small, and see what the reaction is. 

Some people do not IB if they have questions. Like can they arrive at the limit of check-in time, not to impose something on the host. 

If none of the 8 wrote that they recomment the guest or would like to see the person again, that's pretty telling too.