Hoping for a second opinion

Natalia12
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hoping for a second opinion

This is my listing,

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/10793317?checkin=25-04-2016&checkout=28-04-2016&guests=2&s=x-Al0E4N

Before itwas always first in searches, always first page. I have great interest and bookings, untill this week.

For nearly a week I can hardly find my listing in searches, I have to go through filters to find it.

I have already redused the rate, changed the Title, add more pictures,added more information.

It did helped a bit, now I can find listing after searching a few pages.

Just looking a second opinion from experienced hosts.

What would you change, add, approve in my listings? How can I improve it so get more guest staying with me, I am really excited about being the host.

Also, I suspect, AIRNB sent me a couple of surveys to complete and basicly after surveys my listing dissapered from first place, or am I being and old KGB nontrusting person, LOL?

Kind Regards,

Natalia

1 Reply 1

Hi @Natalia12,

Happened with me once. Moved from #1 to #248 (last).

Contacted Airbnb, they informed, First rep: That's how the algorith works, try to keep your details updated. (They were updated, btw). No change.

Rep 2: I can see it on page One, Me: No, I can't, Him: I can. Me: My Stats show that there have been 0 views in last 4 days as compared to earlier average 5 per day. Rep: Hmmm, we'll look into it and get back to you.

48 hours pass. No response from the guest. So I email again. Rep: I've discussed and looks like that's how the algorith works to give veryone a fair chance. (Although I felt this was completely unfair as incomplete lisitngs with hardly any info were ahead of me).

Day 9: Listings comes back on page one. Has been there since then and hasn't disappeared.

You can get in touch with Airbnb if you wish or just wait for a week.

Good luck 🙂