Guest still asking for Refund 5 months later!

Dave75
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Guest still asking for Refund 5 months later!

I refunded a guest who canceled 5 months ago. For a week we went back and forth because they claim they never got their refund. The funds were deducted from my Paypal account. Now 5 months later out of the blue they are texting me asking for their refund. Like is this serious? I keep telling them to contact AirBNB and they say they don't know how. 5 months for a $40 refund seriously? Is it possible to just block people from messaging me?

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Dave75

Are they sending you messages via the platform? If so, open their profile and flag their profile for AirBnB to investigate.

Just don't respond to anymore messages. Sounds like they were expecting to get their AirBnB booking fee back - which of course they need to contact AirBnB about. They will only get that back if there were extenuating circumstances.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Tell them to google "contact Airbnb" for their country, @Dave75, for the number they should call. It's all you can do. It's more than you should do, but it is annoying getting texts about something with which you cannot help. Bet it's annoying for them, too, to be still chasing their refund.