Giving Cleaning Fees Discount to Clean Guests

Charles444
Level 2
Brampton, Canada

Giving Cleaning Fees Discount to Clean Guests

I am new to Airbnb, and thinking of doubling my cleaning and management fees from $20 to $40 with the intention of refunding up to 50% to guests who leave my apartment clean. I am looking for suggestions on how to position this offer on my listing.

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Charles444  Don't do it. Every person's idea of clean is different you are going get pissed off guests who think they deserved the refund and when you don't give it bam the review goes from 5* to 3*. Very bad idea! Set it at a fair and reasonable price and just leave it alone.  

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Charles444  There are many discussions about how to provide incentive for guests to tidy up and there are several great ideas, but the least effective as @Letti0 has posted is to financially "reward" the tidy guest.  The best you can do is to vet potential guests along the lines of looking for reviews that reflect the guest was tidy and respectful of the listing.  Additionally, clear and concise expectations about cleanliness in a written form is helpful.

That being said, if you fully expect to have repeat guests, you could provide a refund as a thank you and the guest will have another reason to re-book.