Forced Arbitration Is Not Ethical

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Forced Arbitration Is Not Ethical

Forced Abitration is not ethical and many have even questioned it's legality. The only organizations that feel a need to curtail citizens' legal rights are the ones taking advantage of them at massive scale.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/02/google-ends-forced-arbitration-for-all-employees/?amp=1

Google just dropped forced arbitration all around, why does Airbnb hold onto this unethical position is they are in fact not predatory ?

2 Replies 2

First, @Tony134 , none of us are employees.  Second, we're providing "contract" services much like most of the "sharing economy".  Third, until Airbnb is forced out, legally, of negotiating in this way, when you signed up for the platform, you agreed to the terms which explicitly state: arbitration.  

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Alice-and-Jeff0 While I never signed up to be an employee, that's how it all ends up working out pretty practically as they change all the rules constantly.  It's not me who makes any final decision at all regarding my property, and it's not the same agreement I started with unfortunately.  Perhaps we agree to disagree.