Fill the fridge with BAGELS?

Luigi27
Level 8
Malaysia

Fill the fridge with BAGELS?

I am puzzled why Airbnb imposes hosts ''to fill the fridge... wih bagels!''

The free meal concept is maybe valid for a charity organisation not for a small potato business like host at ABB.
Quite offensive for honest business people that are trying to survive in this unruled market . 
Airbnb email tone is not a ‘’suggestion’’ as someone is writing here but is a TO DO list.  i.e. You HAVE to ‘’FILL THE FRIDGE’’! 
Why I need to fill the fridge with bagels? And why not croissants then? Who is paying for that?
I would love to have the opportunity to charge for breakfast if Airbnb implement that option on the new super confusing portal. 
Airbnb should consider to remove that bagel theory for sake of a good communication with suppliers. Many owners agree.

Instead they send a threat of suspension : You’re at risk Your account could be suspended if you don’t focus on improving to meet Airbnb hosting standards. ......!
Quite sad.
17 Replies 17

Is NOT a suggestion is a TO DO list! Very disrespectuful

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I think what is clear to see from this thread is that everyone has different styles of hosting and you find what suit best, for you as a host and for your guest staying in your listing. The Community Center is a great way to hear about what other hosts do, we can learn and hopefully improve from each other. This said, it is not a place where we should be critical of each other's hosting styles. You may not always agree with the ways another person hosts, but equally you should be respectful that they have made their own choice on this - this can also work both ways. So, as I have mentioned before, lets not take it too far and get personal with one another.

You could also, share a little more light on why you host in your way, this might not work for everyone, but it works for you - it could be a really interesting discussion. 🙂

I can see @Luigi27 that you feel very frustrated about the message your have recieved for welcoming your guests and you are completely intitled to feel this way. As other hosts have said here though, these are meant to be suggestions and no way a requirement - something I am sure new hosts in particular would really value receiving. This said though, perhaps the way the message was presented could do with a little rewording, so that these appear as welcoming tips? Have you got any suggestions? I am sure the content team would really like to hear any thoughts you have on this and I would be happy to pass this over to them.

Thanks to you all,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

you are so right. Personally, I hate bagels. They

are just lame donuts