Extending a guest's stay

Morgan152
Level 1
Prahran, Australia

Extending a guest's stay

I’m trying to extend a guests stay that is arriving next week. It’s not allowing me to even through the day is free. How do I do this?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Morgan152 

Which error comes up ?

Which date is the new check-out of the guest ?

Hi Emiel, It says that the night I'm trying to extend it to isn't available. However, I look at my calendar and it very clearly is. The guest was to check out on the 13th and now wants to check out on the 14th. We have someone checking in again on the 14th but the night of the 13th is definitely available. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Morgan152 

If it is about March:

Your listing shows the 13,14 ,15 March are not available.

Morgan152
Level 1
Prahran, Australia

The guest I want to be able to stay on the 14th is checking out on the 13th and wants to check out on the 14th. I blocked that day until I could figure out how to do it. The night of the 13th is now free.

Michelle-And-Michael0
Level 10
Wollongong, Australia

@Morgan152  The night of the 13th is definitely showing as being available as far as I can see.

How are you trying to extend the reservation? 

I usually go into the 'details' of the reservation, where it asks if you would like to make changes to the reservation. It then asks what you would like to change eg. Dates, no. of guests etc. 

is this where you are trying to extend their stay? 

Do you have any presets that may be affecting it.... such as 1 full day required between reservations? 

That is exactly how I'm trying to do it. But when I go to extend the booking the 14th is not showing as available. We have no preset rules and have had several occasions where we have had someone check out in the morning and another check in in the afternoon. 

@Morgan152 As long as there is no double up or overlap of check in/out times.... I can't see how there should be any problem with what you are doing.

Perhaps there is a glitch in the system.

Have you tried contacting Airbnb to take a look at it?

It's not ideal, but if nothing else works, I would block off the 13th and arrange for the guest to pay you directly for the extra night. 

Hope you get it sorted 🙂