Ensuring hosts does due diligence when communicating about upcoming construction

Katie192
Level 1
Corvallis, OR

Ensuring hosts does due diligence when communicating about upcoming construction

We're planning on building an addition to our house and I'm messaging future guests that they may not have access to the backyard and/or the view might be not as pictured due to construction. Also, reminding them of full refund should that not be acceptable to them. What else should I do to ensure we head off any potential problems? I don't want to get into a situation that they say they are fine with the situation and then turn around and cause an issue. Thanks.

1 Reply 1
Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

There is not alot that you can do... I had a guest that I told him that we were going to be doing some minor construction he said yea im going to be going out that day. 10am he was still there. Still posted a terrible review saying that we were banging on the walls all day.

I had another guest recently he told us that he was going to be gone all day and we never saw him all day we were able to get lots of work done. My personal suggestion would be to talk to him about the work hours see what their schedule will be and try to work around their schedule.