Deny a booking request

Deny a booking request

Hello everybody,

I just received a request of booking but I cannot accept it..I know that when a guest try to book immediatly pay Airbnb. If I deny the booking, can the guest have the whole money he payed back?Thank you

Tiziana

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If it's a booking enquiry or request then the guest has not paid any money. You can decline the booking - no money has been paid.
Jirina0
Level 3
Prague, Czech Republic

They get a full refund but not the fee they paid Airbnb... unless you cancel the booking. But if you cancel you get penilized. Be careful. Always try and get the guest to cancel if its their fault. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Tiziana40,  @Gerry-And-Rashid0 are trying to clarify where you are in the process.  As they mentioned an inquiry or request  has not been paid to Air BNB, but a reservation is.  Did you get an Instant Book Reservation?  If you did, you can deny for reason up to three times with no penalty.  

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I think this was a request not a booking and no harm denying a request, nothing charged at this stage.

David
Greg103
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hi everyone. I just denied my first guest inquiry, which was also my second host inquiry. Where does the reason for denial message get sent if you add one? To the inqiree? I sure hope not - I thought it was to Airbnb!

The inquiree was from Eastern Europe, who had no reviews or profile details, and wanted to stay 2 weeks. Not only did I think this was a scam, I am not doing extended durations like this. I messsaged the person inquiring directly, then was more elaborate in my denial description (again, thinking that was to Airbnb staff, not the inquiree!). I am pale as a ghost with the thought it went to the person inquiring. Please help me confirm this. 😞

Hello Casper (the friendly ghost - pale - geddit?)

@Greg103

Well it isn't funny I know.

I think your reason for declining goes to the inquirer! I don't agree with this - it should be private between the Host and Airbnb (for the record).  I had one last week - (similar to yours - no name on profile, no verified IDs - silly questions etc) but when I tried to decline (and I tried all the options) it always seemed to go to the potential guest and not Airbnb..... so I just blocked the dates instead and didn't answer (didn't get penalised from not replying as it was their 2nd inquiry message).

I cannot confirm this 100% - but it does look like it goes to the person sending the inquiry.

Don't Worry 🙂

And PS - if you don't want long term guests - then put the maximum duration of booking into your listing (on the calendar page) and this will eliminate inappropriate requests automatically.

Best Wishes

Rachael