Customer Support Decline

Customer Support Decline

I have been a host for multiple listings on Airbnb since 2012, during which time,  3000+ guests have stayed in my accomodations. In the beginning, customer support was generally solid and reliable. but I have noticed a steady decline over the past 6 years.  My last few calls were for serious issues, which the call center was totally unequipped to handle. Today, both the agent who answered and their manager were not fluent enough in English to fully comprehend my critical situation the details involved.  I'm now at a point where the lack of support has me looking for alternative sites.  I know of Booking.com and HomeAway.  Does anyone have experience hosting on other sights?  How do they compare to Airbnb?  Any other sites you might recommend?

2 Replies 2
Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

@Vintage-Bungalow0

Sorry, but no other rental site compares to Airbnb. The volume of customers is three times that of the closest rival (VRBO and Booking.com) and the cancellation % on the others is also much higher......

However I can recommend that any customer support need should start with Twitter - the staff that monitor support requests via Twitter are markedly more sophisticated than via email or even the phone..... and normally US as well.

Try it before you give up completely- and of course nothing is stopping you from listing with another company at the same time, but I know you will see the difference quite quickly - it just doesn’t compare.

Best of luck with whatever you decide - and sorry you had such awful problems  previously.

Eva720
Level 1
Tucson, AZ

So much this!! Ugh, I also have had the same experience. Airbnb customer support SUCKS now and you can't even get through to anyone to report just how much it sucks. Somebody needs to launch a true competitor site.