Co-host

Vedran4
Level 1
Split, Croatia

Co-host

Hi everyone,

I have one question......

In the past I helped to my friends to rent their apartments, and I put their apartments on my profile, what  happened to me twice is that  they rejected confirmed booking and I suffered consequences on my AIRBNB profile .........
I would like to be co host, now the question, whether I as co host bear the same consequences as a host, if something like this happend again?

Thank you.

6 Replies 6
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Vedran4,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center. It is great to hear you are thinking about being a co-host. 

In regards to your question, I thought this Help Center article on What can a co-host do? might help you understand more about how it works. 

The article covers:

• Preparing the space
  • Helping to write the listing overview
  • Messaging guests
  • Handling reservation
  • Welcoming guests
  • Responding to any guest issues
  • Updating calendar

I hope this helps and do let me know if you can. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

thank you for your answer.

Yes I saw Help Center and article on What can a co-host do?  and I m ok whit this, I understand this.

I would like to konw:

Will I as co host have evident consequences on my AIRBNB profile, if I will need to cancel bookin, on the profile of the person to whom I lead AIRBNB profile, or is it only visible on host profile, for example: host canceled the booking 34 days before arrival?

As I sad.... in the past I was helping my freinds to rent their apartment, and I put theirs apartments on my AIRBNB profile, and because of them I had to cancel booking, and because of that my rating on AIRBNB drops.

Thank you 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Simple answer is have each host set up their own profile and then you join them as a co-host.

If you need more clarification, give Airbnb a call.

Ada21
Level 2
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hi, I wonder if there's a way to prevent my co-host from getting the messages I exchange with guests/potential guests. She's a busy host herself, and since I do all the talking and dealing with guests myself (she helps me with check-in/check-out, mostly), she rightly finds it distracting to be receiving all my messages. 

It seems to me that when Airbnb just launched the co-hosting program, there was an option to do just that. But now I don't see it anymore.

Any help would be appreciated on this topic.

ada

Similar to this I am not finding a way to link my co-hosts' airbnb profile into my description. I want to let guests review her profile and reviews, but seems I cannot even click and link on her profile my self. Any ideas guys?

Giannis7
Level 2
Athens, Greece

I have time to do co host in Athens, inbox please. Thank you