Cash Discount for Booking Overlap

Nathan112
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Cash Discount for Booking Overlap

Hey guys,

So I just started using AirBnb a few days ago, and I got my first booking which I'm really excited about. Everything went smoothly, however the person I am co-hosting with also has a booking in the same room. My guest will be checking in on the (last) night of the other guest's booking, so they will need to sleep in another bed in my room for one night.

This other bed in the room is the bottom bunk of a bunk bed, which is different from the single bed that was advertised, but it is still comfortable to sleep in.

Obviously I'm going to notify my guest of the change, but as a host, should I also offer some sort of discount or other compensation for the inconvenience? Or should I ask the guest what they want?

Note: My guest will only need to stay in a different bed for 1 night, and then they can stay in the advertised bed for the remainder of their 13-night stay.

I would love for any help with this matter. Thanks so much!

1 Reply 1
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Nathan112 You may ask the guest to help you by agreeing to a change and yes you should offer something nice to thank them for agreeing. However, the booking is for what it is for and they don’t have to agree to the change and you may have to cancel from your side. Another option would be to ask them if they’d like to adjust their dates by one day.