8 wasted superhost $100 travel vouchers. Why can't superhosts bank them?!

Louise21
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

8 wasted superhost $100 travel vouchers. Why can't superhosts bank them?!

where do I find my super host vouchers

26 Replies 26
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Louise21 

Go to your payment methods and coupons are at the bottom, I think it would be great if we could give them to someone else or at the very least donate the value to charity.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Louise21 

Once a year (after 4 consecutive superhost quarters) you get an e-mail with a coupon code valid for one year.   Perhaps search your mail.  Pleased to say that it is now also attached to payment methods.

https://www.airbnb.com/users/payment_methods

@Louise21 I used mine a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't in my payments/coupons section. I had to go into the email I received & activate the discount voucher before it appeared in my Airbnb account.

And as @Marit-Anne0  mentioned, you only get a voucher for 4 consecutive quarters of being a superhost & they expire after 12 months. Unfortunately you can't save them up, I've had one expire as I couldn't travel last year.

Louise21
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

thanks rachel annoyed they expire but can see why airbnb do that as a couple a year worth of vouchers don't get you two days away and it means you end up paying extra to make up for the price therefore giving airbnb more commission.

Louise21
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

tthanks all for your answers now I've got to find somewhere to stay one night for 75 quid!

@Louise21  You don't get more than one a year and I doubt you have had 8 unless you've been hosting on Airbnb for 8 years. You get one a year if you maintain Superhost for all 4 quarters. Some hosts have gotten confused about this,, as you get a notice about them every time you make Superhost again. But if you look at them, you'll find that all the ones you were advised of in the past year all have the same expiry date- it's the same voucher, not one issued each quarter.

For a coupon that expires July 1, does that mean as long as I make the booking before July 1 for a reservation/check in date of August to September,  or does that mean the check in date has to be before July 1

@Johnny38  It needs to be booked before July 1. Doesn't matter when the check-in date is.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977  @Rachel177  @Marit-Anne0  @Johnny38 

Now the thing that struck me about this post .....8 Superhost vouchers, really!

As Louise's  post was from March 2019 that means she has been active in the program that has been running for a least 9 years in order to be eligible for 8 superhost vouchers. Wow.

I thought I was getting up there with the best currently having 19 assessments under my belt, in fact I believe on my next I will be eligible for the 'gold key' and I have only been going since 2015!

Louise certainly classifies as one of Airbnb longest serving Airbnb superhosts.

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4

I'm pretty sure Louise was just mistaken Rob, and assumed that every quarter she received one of those stupid flowery "Congratulations! You're a Superhost!" emails, that constituted another SH bonus. It's a common misconception, easily made. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Robin4  I cannot recall exactly when the Superhost program were introduced, but it was certainly not there when I joined airbnb as a host back in 2012.

@Marit-Anne0

The original version of the Superhost programme was introduced in 2009, which hosts had to submit applications for, but not many bothered so it slowly faded out after a few years.

The current behaviour modification/gamification incarnation of the programme was first unveiled in 2014, and tne next round in July will be the 24th quarter. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan17 @Marit-Anne0 

The Superhost program was first started in 2009....

Superhost introduction.png

So it is possible Louise has been concurrent for the required 9 years but, I don't know if Airbnb offered reward coupons back then, or when that might have started.

Susan you are probably right.....as always..... and that it is quarters that Louise is counting.

I would sure like to shake the hand of someone who has hosted for 9 years without striking some incident that would lose the status for a while!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4

Original SH and New SH were two separate and distinct programmes Rob, with a break in between, so there won't be anyone who has held the "status" all the way through. There wasn't very much interest in original SH scheme though - too many hoops to jump through to be considered for inclusion. As far as I can remember, hosts had to write some sort of blurb, bigging themselves up on all the reasons they felt they deserved to be bestowed with the "award". Probably one of the reasons it had a low uptake and died out in the end.