8 guests in 3 bedrooms?

8 guests in 3 bedrooms?

Can I list the maximum number of guests as 8 even though there are only three bedrooms/beds? 

I have a three-bedroom apartment and was wondering if I can increase the number of maximum guests from 6 to 8. I figured I could only accommodate two people per bed. Could I go higher than that?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sergio-and-Nicole0  What are your sleeping accommodations in the shared space?  Do you have couches, airbeds, futons?  As long as you have the appropriate accommodations you can add more guests.  You should show these accommodations in the pictures and list them in your description.  My city restricts this sort of additions so be sure you are not in violation of any regulations. 

@Sergio-and-Nicole0

I agree with @Linda108 and please check with your local authority regarding maximum occupation restrictions.

I'd like to ask why you wanted to increase the number of guests? If it is to increase the price chargeable?

Why not ask the price you want to cover costs and make a profit - and keep the maximum to a more reasonable number like 4.

You may always approve a request for more if a guest asks..... but if you keep the number lower you will keep more control. Did you know that Airbnb will always support and approve ANY combination of people within that 8 that you want to increase to?

That could mean a family of 8 with 2 adults and 4 children and 2 infants! Or it could mean 8 young adults wanting to celebrate graduation! Legally, Airbnb have stated that they will honor any booking within the hosts stated maximum number as they are not allowed to discriminate.

So my advice would be to average out the price per night you would like to get and need to be at to stay competitive with other nearby properties - but keep your max occupants number low.

Best Wishes.