1 guest booked, 2 may arrive

Kevin-Francis0
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

1 guest booked, 2 may arrive

Hi all,

I have just received an instant booking for 1 guest and in their message they state that there may be a second person.   Do I point out that they will have to pay 2nd guest fee now, or can I state that should there be 2 of them the fee will be due on checking in? I dont want to land myself in bother with either guest or Airbnb.    I did message the future guest back and asked them to refer to the terms of the booking and my conditions.  Any advice as to what is the correct procedure?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

3 Replies 3
Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

Message the guest and tell them to change the reservation from 1 person to 2 if indeed 2 people will be staying. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Kevin-Francis0 You can create the reservation change yourself and then they'll know if they want to come with two, this will be the charge. 

Just make sure they accept the change before you let the two of them in. 

Thanks Kelly.  The guest actually made the change request and I accepted it almost immediately, only to get a message 5 mins later from her that she would now be travelling alone.  I suggested that she contact Abnb directly and ask for it to be set as original booking for 1 person.   I dont have a good feeling about this one, but I'll go with it.... all part of the experience eh!