1 Stars Ratings

Mira31
Level 1
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 Stars Ratings

I had a couple of germany stay at my place who gave me 1 stars across the board.

Everyone else had given me 4 ot 5 stars.  9 other guests. 

They are claming the sheets werent changed when they were. That is all they complain about and they gave me straight across 1 stars. Why would they be able to do when all they complained about was sheets.  Those sheets were newer sheets also. 

The worse thing is if they would have just told me they werent comfortable with those sheets I had two brand new sets in the closet. But they say nothing and then attack my rating.  Why not say something, why can they do this ?

Is there anything I can do to get this rating removed ? It has tanked me to a 4.1

It feels like some people are coming into my home just to pick. I clean and clean and clean.. and no matter what I do they will find one more thing not perfect and give me a 4 star instead of a 5 star on clean.   It is beyond belief.   I dont go into peoples home and pick it apart. 

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mira31

Hey Mira, you are being your own worst enemy here! .....Don't bring private feedback into the public section of your reviews!!

The man you are complaining about gave you a nice short review "Mira was a great host and the location was superb."and you launched into a massive tiraid against him. He may have marked you down in star rating but you have made sure everyone is going to read and take notice of this review for ever more....and for all the wrong reasons! You are going to look like a 'prickly' host and one to be avoided!

Another guest, Raymond gave you a reasonable review..."Great location laid back people which I appreciate sweet dog and comfy bed if your looking for a cheap place with a $5 uber ride to the beach this is your place" and you launch into things like cleanliness, toilets that don't stop flushing, trash in bins, goodness me stuff we had no inkling of. We look at the review and look at your response and go, 'what th'! 

What you are doing is dragging up all the negatives about your listing that none of the rest of us would have ever known about.

Yours is a classic case of a nice listing that one would possibly want to book until we get to your review responses! At that point I would just say to myself...'too hard'  and move on!

When a guest has some critical things to say to you privately they are doing it because they do not want to make a public issue of it, they are doing the right thing and giving you feedback. What you should say if you are going to leave a review response is say..."I value feedback, after all that's the only way we can improve and I take all guests comments on board, thanks for that".....and leave it at that. I think you are crucifying yourself Mira.

Cheers.....Rob