Message "seen"

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Message "seen"

I'd like to know for sure that my message was seen/read by the guest. I think a little "seen" or just a tick when the message has ben read would be very helpful for the host. It is normal in every messaging system so far.

If you message your guest, and he doesn't respond, sometimes you feel silly to call or text him because it may be intrusive, and you still want to know if the guest got the information.  Again, it exists in other messaging systems like viber, whatsup and messager. So I don't think airbnb doesn't know how to fix it.

7 Replies 7
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Excellent. Can be good the other way too, I have had guests reply to message rather than clicking the ''reply'' button, and the message gets sent into a void. Then they wonder why you have not replied. You simply didn't get the message.

Brilliant thinking!

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Excellent idea, @Ana7!

Ive been frustrated more than once, not knowing if guests had received important communication from me.  The ability to know a message had been seen would be very important to me.

Jude

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Yes, agreed. Even on facebook you can see who has viewed a post, and I have mailtrack for my emails so I can see if they have been read, and how many times.

Bessy0
Level 1
Athens, Greece

I also have asked Airbnb to consider this, and it would be also great if they sent a read receipt email when the message has been read.

George66
Level 1
Athens, GR

i tottaly agree that we should have the "seen" as a receipt in our messages because is frustrating to ask you for more details and not sure if they received since almost noone replies ...

G

George68
Level 1
Athens, Greece

It is indeed a useful notification. Please, add!!!

George

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.