Enhancement Request: Better "Accommodates": settings

Enhancement Request: Better "Accommodates": settings

This is a constructive critisim / feedback / enhancment request that I wanted to get your opinion on. 

As a newbie, I may have an outsider's view of this, but I feel that if AirBNB allowed hosts to more properly define/customize their rentals with how many "adult" beds you have available and how many "children" beds you have available, it would SAVE a lot of TRAVELLERS from having a NEGATIVE experience of Airbnb.

You see, our home allows for a max of 6 adults, and max of 4 children. The bunk beds are for children only. Which we have clearly put in our listing in writing.

BUT for our listing to show up in a search when someone is searching for this combo (6 adults, 4 children), we only have the 1 setting of "accommodates' 10. If we change the setting to "accomodates 6" a person with 6 adults and 1 child for example, would NOT find our listing. 

We have had over 20 inquiries in 1 month of being on airbnb of groups of 8-10 adults wanting to stay at our home because of the limitation of the "accommodates" setting. We have to respectfully say sorry, that we cannot accomodate them BUT in my opinion, they should have never been presented with our home. And no matter how respectfully I say sorry, you know that the traveller is still dispointed .

Constructive Critisism/ Enhancement Request: The traveller gets to customize there search with how many adults and children they are travelling with: Why Not allow the Host's to also customize how many adults and children they can accomodate?

World: What's your thoughts?

4 Replies 4
Christopher155
Level 1
New York, NY

Completely agree. We have this same issue. (5 adults, 4 kids). Would be great to add this simple feature!!!

Virginia36
Level 1
Virginia, United States

I agree. The only opportunity a host has to customize their rental is in the detailed description.  Because guests often don't read beyond the first impression, guests leave disappointed because it was not what they expected, and hosts have very little recourse when a guest fails to inform him/herself.

"The customer is always right" is a good business talking point, but Airbnb, I hope you will, in future, listen to your hosts as well.

Mellora0
Level 2
Xagħra, Malta

Due to the fact that one can not specify the offered beds enough I ended up renting 2 rooms for 3 adults for the price of one person ... no help from airbnb. Everything about the listing is a steep learning curve and no possibility to reach out to airbnb for newbie questions. After some weeks now I have the feeling hosts are a kind of mules, doing all the work to produce income for airbnb for some money in return and lots of threatening emails. I was in it for the fun not to earn money and as I have a licence and at tax number I am looking forward going to another site. After recovering from the bad experience ...

Virginia36
Level 1
Virginia, United States

Airbnb will never have your back. Seems they've never heard of the word 'loyalty' and that shortfall will kill the golden geese who have supported them. Not impressed.