reservation confirmed with no credit card provided

reservation confirmed with no credit card provided

I am a new host for airbnb and just had a client reserve the home and I accepted their request for reservation.  The client asked me when someone from AIRBNB would request credit card info for their reservation as they found it strange that a confirmed reservation could be made without providing credit card info .  I did not know the answer.  Any help on when a client has to provide the credit card info to AIRBNB

1 Reply 1
Jackie570
Level 6
Green Bay, WI

It is possible to use PayPal instead of a credit card. When they made their Airbnb account, did  they link their PayPal account or a credit card at that time? I'm pretty sure they had to pay for at least part of the reservation up front; when they got the reservation confirmation what form of payment was listed?

On a separate note, I had a guest contact me with all sorts of payment problems, which I ultimately contacted Airbnb to figure out. I thought I was doing him a favor. Turns out, he was trying to trick me into issuing him a 50% refund on his stay and left me a less-than-stellar review when it didn't work. I advise politely informing the guest that you have nothing to do with collecting payments and referring them to Airbnb customer service.