pricing

Answered!

pricing

Hi. Ihave a 10 bedroom B&B and have recently joined Air B&B. I have an issue with pricing and have probably made an error somewhere but am unsure.

I have recently received a booking for 6 guests but the price has only come to the amount for 1 guest. What have I done wrong with the pricing structure? I believed that the price that I entered was per person but cannot contact anyone to confirm this. HELP!!! Cheers. Tony Reay.

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Snooze your listing right now, @Trish-And-Tony0 , and make some changes! 

You have set it up so that 10 guests can come and get 10 bedrooms for the price of 1. 

You need to set up a separate listing for each room. If you want a price per guest, you will have to set that in the edit section with extra guest fees after a certain number. So each room would have a price for one, and then an extra guest fee over that.

You may be stuck with the present guests. They took what you offered, and it is dirty pool to switch the price on them now. The price of learning.

Airbnb's structure is different than the tradition B&B site structure because the original idea was just a host with a spare bedroom (or space in the living room). To make it work for you, you have to think room by room. 

Take your time and use the Help section and get it right so you restart on the right foot. 

All the best!

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Snooze your listing right now, @Trish-And-Tony0 , and make some changes! 

You have set it up so that 10 guests can come and get 10 bedrooms for the price of 1. 

You need to set up a separate listing for each room. If you want a price per guest, you will have to set that in the edit section with extra guest fees after a certain number. So each room would have a price for one, and then an extra guest fee over that.

You may be stuck with the present guests. They took what you offered, and it is dirty pool to switch the price on them now. The price of learning.

Airbnb's structure is different than the tradition B&B site structure because the original idea was just a host with a spare bedroom (or space in the living room). To make it work for you, you have to think room by room. 

Take your time and use the Help section and get it right so you restart on the right foot. 

All the best!

Thanks Lawrene. You've been a great help. I think I understand now. Cheers. Tony.