Instant bookings without reviews

Adam713
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Instant bookings without reviews

Hosts need an option to prevent guests without reviews from instant booking. I understand new guests need time to develop a track record, but hosts spend a lot of time earning good reviews and aren't afforded the same feeling of safety when guests instant book without reviews.

This should be an option hosts either use or choose not to use. If the host chooses to use it, the guest with no reviews would simply need to inquire about the listing before being able to instant book it. I have submitted this to Airbnb as a product suggestion, but perhaps it would help them to justify developing it if other hosts post here that they agree.

5 Replies 5
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Adam713 I hope you are well!

You already have this setting at your disposal:

booking settings>guest requirements>recommendations from other hosts "These guests have travelled on Airbnb, are recommended by other hosts, and have no negative reviews"

Best wishes

Paul.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Adam713 

This setting already exists. But be wary. Not all reviews are created equal. An onsite host is going to have completely different expectations than an off site hosts and vice versa. I look more into the communication from a guest rather than theirs reviews. I’ve had a few mediocre guests with great previous reviews.

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 5.55.49 PM.png

Adam713
Level 1
Chicago, IL

This setting is good, but it's not exactly what I'm proposing. Turning that setting on means new guests without reviews can't book instantly at all. I'm suggesting a setting that requires new guests without reviews to send an inquiry, and then hosts can choose to allow them to instant book after communicating.

@Adam713, , what you just described is exactly what happens when you turn that setting on.

Guests without reviews cannot book instantly but they can find your listing and send a 'request to book' which the host will either Accept or Decline depending on the conservation.

Adam713
Level 1
Chicago, IL

@Emilia42 Well then, that's wonderful! I'll try it. Thanks, Level 10ers!