listing and prices

Answered!
Liz6
Level 2
Pitscottie, United Kingdom

listing and prices

I recently recieved an e/mail from air bnb stating that I had missed out on bookings for dates in February because hosts near by were 15 pounds cheeper and suggesting that I lower my price .

On checking, I find that I am by far cheeper than other hosts in my area and not only that ,my listing was not coming up for any of the dates ????? what is going on ?

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Liz6 Hi..ignore it, it;s a pretty blunt tool used by AirBnB that doesnt take into account quality, hosts changing prices, number of people in the party, etc... It's designed to push down prices and get AirBnB more income, so that guests don't go to alternative sites.

I can see you listing for Feb and it comes up on the search page...so if you are happy with your pricing then stick with it.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Liz6 Hi..ignore it, it;s a pretty blunt tool used by AirBnB that doesnt take into account quality, hosts changing prices, number of people in the party, etc... It's designed to push down prices and get AirBnB more income, so that guests don't go to alternative sites.

I can see you listing for Feb and it comes up on the search page...so if you are happy with your pricing then stick with it.

Liz6
Level 2
Pitscottie, United Kingdom

thank you I will stick to it ,all my guests have been very happy with the quality and service with many of them telling me that I am too cheep  thank you very much x