is this real or am I getting played?

is this real or am I getting played?

I got an email from a man after using an app to find apartments...can someon tell me if this is a scam or not, he told me he wants the deposit paid via itune and he wants the money before we even get to take a look at things. Is that a real thing...I have never used airbnb before and so I have no idea if this is all fake or not. I had no idea anyone could use airbnb for extended apartment rentals. Is this real?

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Miranda24  AVOID, AVOID AVOID!

All payment and correspondance should be through the Airbnb system. 

You can do long-term reservations via Airbnb, BUT Airbnb does NOT allow guests to view apartments before a reservation is made. 

He said I cannot see the apartment until I pay a deposit...and honestly I have never heard of payment through itunes...and now that I'm looking into this more his page won't even let me click on anything.

http://airbnb.com.bookings-long-terms.com/1/profile/12/show-ikuv13iu/30430

You just sent a link to a third-party website.

I'm wondering who's spammin' who.

What do you mean? I am honestly wondering if this peron is legitamte about thier listing...that link I posted was from him and I was unable to click on any of his imformation. I am new to this and would like some helpful feedback.

That is NOT a link to the real Airbnb website.  He has sent you to some other third-party website that has ZERO to do with Airbnb.  Like I said, AVOID - you are getting scammed.

That is what I figured...too good to be true. Thank you for your insightful input!