i am new to air bnb and wish to let the whole property. I want to start on 1st July 2019.

i am new to air bnb and wish to let the whole property. I want to start on 1st July 2019.

I will be renting the entire house, does anyone rent there proeprty for a minimum or 3 nights stay and how does it work out.?

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Little unclear, @Angela1308 .  Are you hosting a property and do not know how to do this or are you a guest and want to rent a whole house that has a 3 night minimum?

Hi Linda. I am new to air bb and want to rent my entire house to holiday makers for either 3 or 7 night stays. I am just getting organised at the moment removing personal items etc etc.... so I won't start renting the property until 1st July onwards... thanks for your reply...Angela 

@Angela1308:

The more limitations you place upon guests the fewer bookings you will have. Why are you choosing three nights instead of two nights or even one night? If your cleaning costs or some other cost prevents you from earning a profit with one or two night stays then I can understand placing a limit, however you are missing a percentage of travelers who will not stay as long. I usually place a two night limit for reservations made 60 days or more in the future as well as longer limits over holidays to prevent one-nighters from booking in the middle of a holiday period. Bookings made less than 60 days are able to book for one night.

Thanks for info very informative, regards angela 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Angela1308 

You can allready setup the listing and set dates to 1 july unavailable for booking.

Be aware of people booking the listing 3 nights (long weekend) for having a party. As being a new host maybe turn off "instant Book" (by default it is on) until you are more experienced.

Happy hosting !,

Emiel

Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Depending on where you live I would also caution you on allowing one night stays, especially to those that live in the same or nearby cities.  Most of these are likely going to be people looking for a cheap place to party.