guest cancelling

My-Places0
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

guest cancelling

Hi, my guest booked for 5 people but turned up with 8 for a 5 day booking. My listing shows 6 bedrooms as this is the maximum capacity but guests are charged per person so we lock away extra rooms to avoid unpaid guests staying. Upon arrival the guest had issues with this but decided to stay for one night and then left in the morning and cancelled through AirBnB saying my property was misrepresented. AirBnB awarded my guest the full refund as they told them we had 6 beds not 6 bedrooms and therefore misrepresented my property. This is not true we have 6 bedrooms but house rules state we lock away extra rooms to avoid problems unless booked at full capacity.

Anyone else been in a similar situation please can they advise how to claim for the full refund from the guest or AirBnB

THANK YOU

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You should have contested it when Airbnb spoke to you about the refund.

what did Airbnb say when you told them about the three additional guests. Did you charge for them? @My-Places0 

My-Places0
Level 2

Hi thank you for replying, i contested it to AirBnB about the refund but they kept saying there decision was final even after explaining the situation numerous times to them. The client assumed she was getting all 6 bedrooms with around 12 beds capable of sleeping 16+ guests. We did not charge them for the extra guests as we were unaware how to do so at the time but they agreed to pay cash for the extra rooms to be available to them. They then cancelled their reservation after spending the night there claiming we "misrepresented the property as 6 bedrooms when there was only 6 beds". This was not the case we made available to them 6 beds for 5 guests which was more than adequate in our large town house. Our house rules clearly state extra beds are locked away as we are charging on a per person basis.

My-Places0
Level 2

Hi thank you for replying, i contested it to AirBnB about the refund but they kept saying there decision was final even after explaining the situation numerous times to them. The client assumed she was getting all 6 bedrooms with around 12 beds capable of sleeping 16+ guests. We did not charge them for the extra guests as we were unaware how to do so at the time but they agreed to pay cash for the extra rooms to be available to them. They then cancelled their reservation after spending the night there claiming we "misrepresented the property as 6 bedrooms when there was only 6 beds". This was not the case we made available to them 6 beds for 5 guests which was more than adequate in our large town house. Our house rules clearly state extra beds are locked away as we are charging on a per person basis.

@My-Places0  Was Airbnb made aware that the guest misrepresented their party size?

My-Places0
Level 2

yes they were made aware but after the facts. The reason the client cancelled the booking was because they told AirBnB we only had 6 beds and not 6 bedrooms as listed. AirBnB then used this reason to cancel the reservation and refund the guest in full