fraude Possibility alert.

Marie262
Level 2
Pokolbin, Australia

fraude Possibility alert.

Have noticed that I had not been receiving  my payouts from airbnb, especially during the christmas/New Year period when I had many bookings. Thought that perhaps due to many public holidays this could of interferred with the time frame. On checking and double checking I noticed that another account had been entered into my payout options, also changed from Australian dollars to Euro. Therefore my payments have gone to another account. I feel very strongly that surely Airbnb should have a system in place that if something as important and sensitive as the bank account details are changed that they could let us know, or send an alert or at least something. So now be aware everyone, check your accounts, check your details reqularly. I am awaiting the outcome and how long I will need to wait to get the payouts. All very interesting.

1 Reply 1
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

I think Airbnb has such security features in place already.

If your select ' account ' from the black bar at the top of your home page, then select 'notifications' - you have an array of 'push notification' alerts to choose from , including alerts made to changes to any aspects of your account.

Selecting > accounts then > security - here you can see all sign in activity regarding sign-ins to your account and login notifications - turning this on means if anyone logs into your Airbnb account from a new browser, you will receive an alert.