dangerous guest

Jc13
Level 2
Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium

dangerous guest

I cancelled a reservation of a guest who looked like a criminal.

Now he threathens me on the phone to come beat me.

He has my address, what can I do ?

22 Replies 22

This guy in LA has a criminal record in LA from 2013, two recent bankruptcies, too many tax liens to count... what an awesome dude. 

Jc13
Level 2

Hi Julie, do you still have the right to own a gun in CA ? If yes then buy one and take a training, you will sleep better after that. Otherwise buy something like mustard gas spray. Also connect with your neighbours, maybe you can protect each others. As you wrote, the cops are overwhelmed so don't count on them to save you.

Jc13
Level 2

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

Just to let you know, this case was escalated immediately for a case manager to review. For future reference or immediate assistance, please contact our support team at +1-415-800-5959 or +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free) or by visiting the contact page here: www.airbnb.com/contact as this is not a dedicated Airbnb help channelThe Community Center is a forum for hosts to connect with other hosts or travelers to ask and share advice.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

Just to let you know, that the case was not escalated immediately for a case manager to review at all. No one from Airbnb Trust and Safety got back to Julie , whose guest threatened her and brought a gun back to her house, for 17 days.

That is a fact. 17 days no one reached out to her.

As for guests who injected illegal drugs in my home, I'm on day 15 and Trust and Safety never spoke to me.

Also, I think Julie getting support and advice from fellow hosts is a very logical thing to do. Of course she had the police involved as well. I don't think she was looking for help from us, I think she was 1) cautioning hosts about a man she knew to be dangerous that airbnb hadn't banned from the site yet, and 2) letting us know how it unfolfed so we can protect ourselves too.

Airbnb is also stonewalling julie and the police by sending them links that aren't working and give error messages. Julie's perpetraitor is a man that a simple background check by me has turned up 2 DUIs and skipping out on a hotel without paying. Julie agreed to host him in her home with the understanding that they had run a background check, like their site advertised is did. To say she is experiencing a lot of emotional distress now is an understatement.

Cindy249
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Hi , Just curious , how did Airbnb support you through this horrible ordeal and to keep you safe?