damage compensation

damage compensation

Since January 2017 I try to resolve problem from last guest I had from Bilaruse . 2 ladies make gamage my new , never used towels what I bought in USA for $ 28 each.

They make it women's menstruation blood stain on one  , and another look like was black shoes paste or liquid , ladies red mout lipstik . Everything they were strong  and they dry it on hot radiator . I used strong chemicals trying remove those strong stain but unfortunatelly without success .

I informed Airbnb right way an repeat several times , but till today I don't get ANY respond or any composition for this damage .

Also for almost year I didn't receive any many from airbnb for hosting gusts sending by them .

For this situation I decide to stop taking any guests till this problem will be resolved and I receive money and compensation  from Aibnb .

Maybe you can help me with solve this problem ?

Sincerely ,

Mieczyslaw M .

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Мечислав0

One year on it is very very unlikely that you will get payment to replace two towels. Damage to towels sheets etc is often seen as wear and tear so Airbnb are not going to help you claim against a security deposit for this - particularly when there are stain removal products that get rid of everything from blood to hair dye etc.

Actually, it could become quite a significant sum if converted to the host's currency of origin.

Say for instance (my local currency ZAR) it was here then his loss would be $56 plus import duty plus bank fees.

Say in total this was $70.

In today's exchange rate this would equate to ±R1,000.00.

You could nitpick and reduce the amount, but the principal remains the same: This could easily turn into a considerable loss (In my rental, at $29 per night, this equated to ±two night's income).

Not Peanuts!