co-hosting payout preferences

Answered!
LanAnh0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

co-hosting payout preferences

Hi, airbnb supportive team. My husband and i are running some units in HCM city on airbnb. He created the listing and added me as co-host. Normally he get me to receive 100% of the payment because i'm the one who live in HCM city to take care guests and do everything while he lives in Hanoi. Recently, our relationship is not good and we will divorce soon. Yesterday, i saw him set the earning of mine is only 10%. That means he will earn 90% per each reservation while i only have 10%. This is nonsense as I'm the one who sign the contract of those units and i have to pay bills for them every month. So i want to ask you if Airbnb could let me earn 100% like i used to earn. Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@LanAnh0

Your husband owns the account and regulate the settings, so this is something you would need to sort with the husband.  Perhaps you need a lawyer ?

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@LanAnh0

Your husband owns the account and regulate the settings, so this is something you would need to sort with the husband.  Perhaps you need a lawyer ?

Lettie3
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

Hi, can somebody help me to set up a split payout, so that correct percentages go directly to the host and the co-host?  Can this be done after publishing a listing, but even before any reservations?

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm trying to do the same thing!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

My understanding is you can go into your payment settings and do this. Is there not anything in the payment settings you can use? Maybe quickest for you to give Airbnb a call and ask them.

Won’t matter as of August 1! That a bad change! 😞 

Changes on August 1 are really so bad. Why did they have to do this? That was the only proper way for Co-Hosting and a HUGE advantage of AirBnB over other platforms. Can we stop them doing it somehow?

YES I hate this chang!!!  It was perfect they way it was before! I'd like to know why they changed it. I am a superhost with my own properties and I co-host with someone who lives 900 miles away!  I do all the leg work and I liked how I got paid automaticaly before.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

This did not work - see message:

An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.

Stevi0
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Changes on August 1st are bad and will make things so difficult for all parties! This is just going to cost airbnb business when a lot of hosts need co-hosts to operate but aren't willing to jump through additional hoops and payout challenges. The whole reason a lot of hosts have and pay co-hosts is to minimize their burden and have peace of mind. This change is not helping

Stevi I totally agree with you.  WHY!

I totally agree. I host 15 bedrooms and will probably lose 4 of them because of the new payout withdrawal on August 1

changes on august 1st to cohosting payouts are NOT acceptable

Colin-and-Joni0
Level 3
Interlochen, MI

I secured a cohost while I am out of the country and our agreement was based on the security of having this cohost paid promptly and properly directly from Airbnb. Now that they are discontinuing this it is almost impossible for me to get money to the cohost in a timely way 8,700 miles away from my duplex .  Can anyone offer some information on why this was done, and what some options might be so I can continue to have my property runs smoothly.