best bed

Jenna220
Level 1
Medford, OR

best bed

I have tried two different beds in my airbnb and have had some complaints, but no one mentions anything good about the bed. I bought a new innerspring/foam mattress and frame but some people are still not happy.  No one gives us a bad review because of the bed, they just say it wasn't comfortable to sleep on.  Any suggestions?

7 Replies 7
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jenna220 

I have an Ikea mattress :

MORGEDALMemory foam mattress, medium firm, dark grey, Standard Double

Many of my guests ask for the brand as they love it!

Jenna222
Level 1
Medford, OR

Thank you so much!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

When I look at your reviews, @Jenna220 and screen for comments regarding bed, all comments are positive, even comments about the sofa bed.  Perhaps you are getting private feedback that concerns you.  I recently installed a new mattress and in my search, I learned that those who favor a firm bed are more often smaller or lighter, while those who favor a softer mattress are bigger and heavier.  So I opted for the middle of the road. 😛

Jenna222
Level 1
Medford, OR

I appreciate your feedback. I think you are correct in saying that some want firmer and some softer and I can't please everyone.

David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

Think it is worth investing in good beds. They're more comfy & last longer. I think usually you get what you pay for with beds & mattresses. We all know some like soft, some hard and some people won't be pleased by anything. Good luck!

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Jenna220- so far my guests have been very kind in their comments about beds.  However, a friend with back issues made a suggestion to me awhile back and I took her advice.  I now keep a foam mattress topper on hand in the bedroom closet and if someone wants a softer bed, all they need to do is remove the bed linens and remake it with the foam topper in place.  It will help with softness if your mattress tends to be too firm for some.

Jenna222
Level 1
Medford, OR

That's a great suggestion. Thank you!